Healing Odyssey has provided a secure form to register for the three day cancer retreat program.
Thank you for your interest in the Retreat. Prior to registering online and paying your registration, please read the following information that is important for your understanding of the retreat.
HO 53 April 26-28, 2019.
HO 54 September 27-29, 2019.
Time: Program begins Friday afternoon and ends at 3 PM Sunday.
Location: Pali Mountain Retreat, Running Springs, CA
Fee: Weekend includes lodging, all meals and snacks, Ropes Course, and educational materials. A $100 refundable registration fee is due at time of registration. The registration fee is refundable if you attend the retreat or cancel one month or more before the retreat. If you are having trouble paying the $100 registration fee, please call or complete the Scholarship form link on this application page.
Transportation: Transportation: Healing Odyssey is not responsible for transportation. Transportation is the responsibility of each participant. Carpooling may be possible. We will assist by giving you information on area drivers.
Thank you for your interest in the Retreat. Prior to registering online and paying your registration fee, please read the following information that is important for your understanding of the retreat.
- The retreat site is at 6000 ft. elevation and Saturday is spent mostly outdoors. Please assess your current health condition and ability to fully participate. You must be able to walk unassisted in a wooded area. If you have any breathing issues, please discuss this with us ahead of time.
- Healing Odyssey is an active, participatory retreat. If you are not sufficiently recovered from surgery and/or active treatment by the date of the retreat, you may wish to register at a later time so that you can enjoy yourself and fully participate in all programs.
- Please do not attend if you have any communicable diseases.
- Please make sure that your immune system function is adequate to be in a group of 40 women.
- Meals are served cafeteria style in a large dining room with the possibility of other large groups. The food is plentiful and freshly made daily. There are vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options which we must pre-order three weeks prior to the retreat.
- A current medical release is required of all campers and must be received three weeks prior to the retreat. It will be mailed to you after you register.
- Healing Odyssey retreats are custom designed for women cancer survivors over the age of 18.
- The retreat is most helpful to survivors within the first 5 years of recovery or to those with ongoing challenges caused by their cancer.
- Campers must be capable of getting themselves to and from Running Springs, CA by Friday at 1 pm and plan to attend the program until 3 pm on Sunday. Transportation is the responsibility of each camper. We will make an effort to assist with car pools but all campers should have a backup plan, as things can happen with a driver at the last minute.
- Healing Odyssey is open to out of area participants. However, it is strongly advised that if you are flying in for the retreat, that you plan to be in Southern California the day before the retreat. Air transportation issues are not uncommon and could result in your missing the retreat.
- Sleeping accommodations at camp are rustic. Campers will be in cabins with 6 bunk beds. You will have a lower bunk and share the room with 5-6 other campers. Cabins are heated and have 2 shared indoor bathrooms with warm showers. Campers must be mindful that a snoring roommate is a real possibility. Be prepared with earphones or ear plugs.
- All bedding must be brought by campers. However, a bedding package (pillow, blanket, sheets and a towel) is available for rental from the camp for $25. Bedding reservations must be made and paid for three weeks prior to the retreat.
- The registration form must be filled out online. This helps us to know more about you and any special needs. If you have issues filling out the online registration form, please call our office and we will email or mail you the form.
Important information regarding your good faith commitments:
- Your mandatory $100 registration fee is refundable as you attend the retreat or cancel one month before the retreat . If you cannot afford the $100 registration fee, you may apply for a scholarship to waive part or all of the $100 Registration Fee. Please note that all transportation expenses are your responsibility and cannot be paid by Healing Odyssey. Please click here for the scholarship form. Your scholarship application will be reviewed and you will be notified whether it is approved.
- Each registration fee applies only to the retreat you are registering for.
- If you need to cancel for any reason within one month of the retreat, and you want to attend a future retreat, you will need to pay $300 to attend. This fee covers out of pocket expenses incurred by Healing Odyssey because of your cancellation.
- Healing Odyssey retreats fill up very quickly. Please, if you feel that you need to cancel for any reason, notify us as soon as possible. We will be placing women on a waiting list and they will be anxiously waiting to come. Please be considerate of Healing Odyssey and your fellow survivors.
Please carefully consider all of this information. We want you to be fully informed and come to the retreat ready for a fun filled experience of a lifetime!!
By submitting this form I give permission for the information to be used by retreat and administrative staff to provide for my needs. I give permission for my demographic data to be used to measure outcomes for funding and outreach purposes.
Please call the HO office to discuss any of these guidelines or your specific situation.
Donna Farris, LCSW, Retreat Leader 949-707-1710